There are many occasions when you have the opportunity to say thank you. Below is not an exhaustive list and is intended purely as a guide. You will instinctively know when it`s right for you.
Any presents for:
- The birth of a child.
- Wedding presents and other reasons during a wedding like mothers and fathers, best man and bridesmaids.
- Anniversaries acknowledged with gifts from wider family or friends (e.g. ruby wedding).
- Flowers or monetary gifts after funerals.
- Looking after your children. If it is a paid baby sitter or childminder, say thank you at given times during the year. Even though they are paid they will appreciate your kindness.
- Thank you for teachers.
- Any act of kindness.
- For looking after your garden or greenhouse whilst you were away on holiday.
- Looking after your animals.
- Looking after your house.
- For help you have received from a kind person or mending something for you.
- For dinner, tea, nice day or holiday.
- After the birth of a child – for the presents, help from the family, care in hospital and a super midwife.